What We Do
Since 1982, RMHC-NM has had a stellar history of unduplicated family programs and services in New Mexico.
We provide programs and services for families with ill children
- Bridge access to pediatric healthcare
- Stay or be near your hospitalized child
- Afford supportive temporary family housing in Albuquerque
- Return for pediatric follow-ups
- Survive your child’s health crisis
We follow best practices in fundraising and utilizing volunteers to maintain and grow our Programs.
- Our Ronald McDonald House provided 8,832 nights of family lodging.
- 19,689 total volunteer hours were donated.
- Guest Chefs cooked 363 dinners for our families.
- There were 16,347 visits to our UNMH & Presbyterian Hospital Ronald McDonald Family Rooms.
- The average length of stay at the Ronald McDonald House was 9 days.
Ronald McDonald House
Our Ronald McDonald House is the cornerstone program of Ronald McDonald House Charities® of New Mexico. The 30-bedroom lodging facility offers temporary lodging and services for families with ill children being treated in the metro area. Since 1982, the House has served more than 40,000 families. The House helps reduce family stress while their child is in medical treatment. We keep them together in a home environment, supporting their physical and emotional needs while their children heal.
Ronald McDonald Family Rooms
Our Family Room Program offers respite services to families who wish to stay at their children’s bedsides. Ronald McDonald Family Rooms are located at UNMH Children’s Hospital and at Presbyterian Hospital in downtown Albuquerque. The Family Room is staffed by volunteers and offers quick snacks, beverages, computers, laundry facilities and resource library. The Family Room located at Presbyterian Hospital also offers overnight sleeping rooms.