The Ronald McDonald Family Room gives parents with inpatient infants and children a special place of respite, relaxation, and privacy within the walls of the University of New Mexico Children’s Hospital and Presbyterian Hospital in downtown Albuquerque, allowing them to stay within steps of their child’s bedside. Here, they can take a much-needed break from the ongoing stress of beeping monitors and busy intensive care units. Sponsorship will provide one month of snacks, beverages, and supplies at one of our two Family Rooms, serving more than 300 parents monthly. Amenities include a kitchenette, laundry facility, computer workstation, dining room, and relaxing seating. The Family Room at Presbyterian also offers four sleep rooms.
Why do families use a Ronald McDonald Family Room?
The Ronald McDonald Family Rooms provide respite where families of hospitalized children can regroup away from the hospital atmosphere while allowing them to remain near their child.
The Impact of Our Program
When families walk into a Ronald McDonald Family Room®, we want them to forget they’re in a hospital. Often steps away from a pediatric or intensive care unit, Family Rooms offer a place to rest and regroup right at the hospital, just moments away from their sick child.
Research shows that staying close by allows parents to better communicate with their child’s medical team and improves adherence to complicated treatment plans.
For $400 you can sponsor one month of snacks, beverages and supplies at either of the Ronald McDonald Family Rooms at the University of New Mexico Hospital or Presbyterian Hospital.
Friends of the Family Room Sponsor Benefits
• Prominent recognition sign inside the Family Room, which will be seen by thousands of visitors each year.
• Invitation to tour the Ronald McDonald Family Room to see first-hand the impact you are making on our guest families’ lives.
• Recognition in donor newsletter.
• Social media acknowledgment.
• Invitation to donor events.
• First right of renewal at the end of your commitment.
• Satisfaction in knowing that you’re helping families during their time of need.