Since 1982, RMHC-NM has had a stellar history of unduplicated family programs and services in New Mexico.
We provide programs and services for families with ill children
- Bridge access to pediatric healthcare
- Stay or be near your hospitalized child
- Afford supportive temporary family housing in Albuquerque
- Return for pediatric follow-ups
- Survive your child’s health crisis
We follow best practices in fundraising and utilizing volunteers to maintain and grow our Programs.
- Each year, the Ronald McDonald House provides over 9,000 family lodging nights.
- Our Ronald McDonald Family Rooms have 17,000 visits annually.
- Each year, volunteers work 6,500+ hours in the Family Room Program.
- Hundreds of volunteers work 4,000+ hours in the New Mexico Lodging Program annually.
- Youth volunteers make significant contributions to the Ronald McDonald House
- Each year, group volunteers work over 5,000 hours in our programs and events.
Ronald McDonald House
Our Ronald McDonald House is the cornerstone program of Ronald McDonald House Charities® of New Mexico. Our two lodging facilities offer lodging and services for families with ill children being treated in the metro area. Since 1982, the House has served more than 37,000 families. The House helps reduce family stress while their child is in medical treatment. We keep them together in a home environment, supporting their physical and emotional needs while their children heal.
Ronald McDonald Family Rooms
Our Family Room Program offers respite services to families who wish to stay at their children’s bedsides. Ronald McDonald Family Rooms are located at UNMH Children’s Hospital and at Presbyterian Hospital in downtown Albuquerque. The Family Room is staffed by volunteers and offers quick snacks, beverages, computers, laundry facilities and resource library. The Family Room located at Presbyterian Hospital also offers overnight sleeping rooms.
In October 2017, we launched a new program called Katie’s Kart. The concept is a hospitality cart that will be pushed through the Neonatal Units of Lovelace Women’s Hospital. It is fully stocked with granola bars, crackers, coloring books, puzzles, toiletries, and other small comforts. These items will be provided to families and children on the units free of charge. It is the Charity’s hope that Katie’s Kart will be a simple reminder to these families that they have a network of supporters quietly working to bring them relief during a challenging time.